If you have private health insurance that covers psychological interventions, you should be able to use it to cover all or part of the cost of sessions with our psychologists.
Direct billing your insurance company for sessions
We are panel providers for Cigna and International SOS. If you are insured by Cigna or International SOS we can bill them directly. This means you should not need to pay us (unless your policy requires you to pay an excess).
Claiming back payments for sessions with our psychologists
If you are covered by another insurer, you can pay us first and then claim back the cost of our sessions. This usually involves submitting our invoice to their claims department. However, we highly recommend contacting your insurance company to find out what their requirements are before you meet with one of our psychologists.
If you would like for us to be able to bill your insurer directly please let your insurer know. Insurers can contact Vivian at Vivian@resolve.my or 012 5089910.
Questions for your insurer
It’s best to contact your insurer before you meet with us. They usually ask for your membership number or policy number to check the terms of your policy. Here are some questions you may wish to ask them:
- Does my policy cover sessions with a psychologist? (unfortunately, most health insurance policies issued in Malaysia do not cover psychological interventions but their are some exceptions).
- What is the process for starting sessions funded by my policy?
- Do I need a referral from a medical doctor before I meet with a psychologist?
- How many sessions can be funded by my insurance?
- Is there any excess on my policy (if so, how much)?
- Is there any annual limit or financial limit to my policy? If so, will any other medical bills be deducted from this total?
- Is there a renewal date for my policy each year? If so, is there a new funding allowance for sessions with a psychologist each year?
Contact us about insurance issues
If you have any questions about insurance issues please feel free to contact us.
You can contact Vivian at 012 5089920 or at email@example.com
If you would like to know more information about our psychologists you can click here.